Note: The Annual YPU Subscription fee for 2021 will be £5.00 for all clubs within the YPU; the reduced fee is to help clubs as much as possible during the outbreak of Covid 19.
We welcome new member clubs; if you have any questions about membership do contact the YPU Secretary, Stephen Dean, who can be reached at email@example.com.
Some of the benefits to your members of the Yorkshire Photographic Union:
- Member clubs are also associate members of the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
- Have access to a wide range of Lecturers to invite to your club both within the Yorkshire and also from other regions of the United Kingdom.
- Have access to a wide range of approved Photographic Judges to invite for your club competitions both within Yorkshire and also from other regions of the United Kingdom.
- Opportunity to enter the Annual Club Championships to represent the Y.P.U. in either Prints or Projected Images at the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain Competitions.
- Opportunity to enter the Annual Yorkshire Photographic Union Exhibition.
- Members are invited to attend Photographic Lectures and Seminars held by the Yorkshire Photographic Union.
- Members are encouraged to achieve distinctions and awards in Photography organised by the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
- Clubs have access to recorded lectures and portfolios organised by the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
- Member clubs are able to access and contribute to information on the Y.P.U. website.
- Information about each club such as venue and start time is published on the Y.P.U. website (ypu.org.uk)
- Public Liability Insurance available at reduced cost organised through a broker by Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
- The Yorkshire Photographic Union holds two meetings a year for club representatives.
- A meeting in the late autumn and the Annual General Meeting in the spring.
For Clubs to be able to join the Yorkshire Photographic Union they must be a camera club, photographic society, photographic club or photographic group with a published constitution and published program of events, united by a common interest in photography, meeting in person for mutual co-operation, education, entertainment or competition solely from a physical location within the Yorkshire region.
An application form can be downloaded as a PDF which can be completed and sent to the YPU Secretary – details including membership fees are on the form.