Note: The Annual YPU Subscription fee for 2021 will be £5.00 for all clubs within the YPU; the reduced fee is to help clubs as much as possible during the outbreak of Covid 19.
We welcome new member clubs; if you have any questions about membership do contact the YPU Secretary, Shelley Knight, who can be reached at email@example.com.
Some of the benefits to your members of the Yorkshire Photographic Union:
- Member clubs are also associate members of the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
- Have access to a wide range of Lecturers to invite to your club both within the Yorkshire and also from other regions of the United Kingdom.
- Have access to a wide range of approved Photographic Judges to invite for your club competitions both within Yorkshire and also from other regions of the United Kingdom.
- Opportunity to enter the Annual Club Championships to represent the Y.P.U. in either Prints or Projected Images at the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain Competitions.
- Members are encouraged to achieve distinctions and awards in Photography organised by the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
- Clubs have access to recorded lectures and portfolios organised by the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
- Member clubs are able to access and contribute to information on the Y.P.U. website.
- Information about each club such as venue and start time is published on the Y.P.U. website.
- Public Liability Insurance available at reduced cost organised through a broker.
- The Yorkshire Photographic Union holds two meetings a year for club representatives meeting in the late autumn and the Annual General Meeting in the spring.
For Clubs to be able to join the Yorkshire Photographic Union they must be a camera club, photographic society, photographic club or photographic group with a published constitution and published program of events, united by a common interest in photography, meeting in person for mutual co-operation, education, entertainment or competition solely from a physical location within the Yorkshire region.
An application form can be downloaded as a PDF which can be completed and sent to the YPU Secretary – details including membership fees are on the form.