The YPU Assembly will be held at The University Of Hull in the Middleton Hall, Cottingham Road, Hull, HU6 7RX (soak.opera.across), on Saturday May 7th, 2022, from 2 pm until 5 pm.
The Exhibition will be held at the University Of Hull in the Brynmor Jones Library, Cottingham Road, Hull, HU6 7RX, (port.brick.fantastic). It will open at 10 am on Saturday 7th May and will remain open until 5 pm Saturday 21st May.
What is the YPU Exhibition about?
The Exhibition is staged to show the very best of club photography in Yorkshire. It is an annual event and is the result of hard work by photographers who belong to over 70 photographic clubs and societies in Yorkshire, who want to celebrate their work. The exhibition takes in both digital photographic images (DPI’s) and prints. You’ll see images from most genres of photography, including portraiture, landscapes, action, photojournalism, nature and more. F4 Photographic Group, as the host club, will have personnel at the Brynmor Jones Library each day of the exhibition, ready to answer your questions about the items on display.
Exhibition Catalogues and Print Boxes
Club Envelopes with Catalogues for each entrant and Club Print Boxes, will be available from the Brynmor Jones Library, on Saturday May 7th until 5pm.
Professional Photographer Adam Karnacz, will open the Assembly and present prizes. His Youtube channel ‘First Man Photography’ has over 100k subscribers and receives over 50k views every single week. With a background in teaching and training, Adam is a well-established photography educator. Working alongside the best in the business, Adam leads photography workshops and tours with Light and Land. Adam is also the founder of the ‘Raw Room’, an online learning and information platform committed to entertaining, educating and inspiring photographers all around the world.
• From Hull city centre, follow the A1079 towards Beverley, turning left after around 1.7 miles at a crossroad with the ‘Haworth Pub’ on the opposite left-hand corner onto Cottingham Road.
• Continue along Cottingham Road for around 0.7 miles to the main entrance of the University. There is some on-street car parking, although it tends to get busy and is limited.
• For the Main University Car Park, instead of turning onto Cottingham Road, continue along the A1079 for a further 0.2 miles and turn left into Inglemire Lane.
• Continue along Inglemire Lane for around 0.5 miles until you reach the North Entrance for Hull University on the left-hand side (movies.stuck.elaborate).
• If travelling from the M62, you may prefer the route on the map below, which makes use of the A15 exit from the M62, turning left onto the A164 towards Beverley and following the signs for Universities and then use the references below.
Car Parking at the University:
The Hull University Main car park is located at (runner.former.nails) and is best accessed from the North Entrance on Inglemire Lane, HU6 7TQ.
If arriving by train, taxis are available from the taxi stand outside the Hull Railway Station entrance. Alternatively, take a bus as detailed below.
Note: The Bus Station is adjacent to the Train Station.
If travelling by bus, take the East Yorkshire 105 service or Stagecoach number 5 from the Interchange and alight at the University.
Food and Drink
There is a café on-site at the University in the Brynmor Jones Library, adjacent to the exhibition. There is also a pub, The Old Grey Mare, across the road from the Main University entrance on Cottingham Road.
Note: The bracketed words are references to the locations taken from ‘What Three Words’ – a Location Point App.
The event flyer in PDF form can be read and downloaded below: